YOUR DAY-TO-DAY TASKS
Your key role would be to develop and modify the display layer of WordPress themes and web applications according to the standards set by the client and determined by a Lead Engineer during a Discovery Phase.
During the entire development lifetime of a project and after it launches, you’ll be working as part of a team with Back-end Engineers, Project Leads, Project Managers, and other partners.
ACF, Gutenberg, jQuery, NPM/Gulp/Webpack, Git, and PHP are some technologies you’ll be working with.
- Using ACF and current workflows and tools, create a responsive, accessible, high-quality Custom WordPress theme that adheres to Web Coding Standards.
- Create a custom WordPress theme using layered design mockups or HTML templates.
- Collaborate with team members on a creative project.
- Manage the development of a website’s front-end and back-end.
- Develop WordPress themes and plugins.
- Keep your code well-documented, reusable, and transferable.
- Troubleshoot and fix website issues for clients and team members.
- Keep up with the latest software, trends, and best practices.
- Improve website speed, scalability, and maintainability.
- Participate in team and department calls for projects and communicate the status of your work to Project Managers.
- Using our time tracking software, maintain an accurate record of your time.
- You’ve worked as a WordPress Engineer for at least 3+ years.
- Advanced level knowledge of WordPress
- Should have extensive expertise designing custom WordPress themes and plugins and be well-versed in PHP, HTML, SCSS, JS, ACF, and Gutenberg development.
- Having experience working as part of a development team will be a plus point.
- Strong knowledge and passion for the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), i.e., WCAG 2.0 and WCAG 2.1
- Experience in multilingual and multi-site WordPress installs
- Working knowledge of Version Control Systems (Git)
- Should be able to work with deadlines and balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Willingness to take up initiatives as your own
- Experience with build tools such as Gulp, Webpack, and Sass and automated deployment
- Integration experience with third-party APIs
- Fundamental knowledge of DNS settings, CDNs, and SSL.
- Problem-solving abilities and the capacity to think clearly and logically are both critical.
Find Your Career at WPXStudios
Here at WPXStudios, we take great pride in creating a competent, diligent, and dedicated team of experts, and we’re always looking forward to growing together!
It doesn’t matter where each of our team members resides; we work closely with a collaborative approach where we are passionate about providing innovative solutions. We aim to optimize clients’ online visibility in the most effective, streamlined, and elegant manner possible.
Join our fantastic company!
Being a part of WPXStudios entails much more than just getting a job. We inspire our employees to be driven by enthusiasm, creativity, and innovation and take pride in our work. We encourage them to show us where they excel and prioritize each person’s abilities and interests in our projects.
Without our experts and the fantastic work they do daily, we would not be able to accomplish what we are creating. They are our most critical resource; therefore, we acknowledge that you should enjoy what you’re doing.
Qualities We Look For In Our Team
- An optimistic attitude, a strong work ethic, and a desire to assist others
- Be supportive as a team member and a leader
- Be forthright and respectful.
- Not hesitant to seek assistance, teachable, quick to learn, and adaptable
- Understand the importance of meeting timelines and completing a range of jobs throughout the week.
- Willing to participate in company-sponsored training sessions to improve their skills.
- Looks forward to contributing to open-source technologies.
- They should be able to connect with their team via Slack and engage in video calls when working remotely.
We recognize the importance of supporting your overall well-being and ensure that our benefits package reflects our dedication to our employees.
- 100% Paid Medical
- Paid Sick Leave
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Remote Work
- Continuous Education
- Parental Leave
- Competitive Salary
- Birthday off